If you get new Content Server Versions, you also have to upgrade your existing smartUI projects to the new version.
In this post, I’ll give a short receipe how to check the functionality of the sdk.
The primary component of the sdk is the generator. It contains the compete sdk and all infrastructural things (grundfiles etc) to build a project folder. All other zip files (except the style override kit for webdesigners) are secondary.
The following receipe builds on a running SDK of any older version.
So to check, if a new generator is working, do this: (can be done in parallel to existing versions).
- Unzip the new generator to a folder.
- if you do have older generator installed and you want to keep it:
- change the name of the new generator to reflect the test, for example generator-test21.2.
- Also configure this name in the generator. Click here for details
- go inside the unzipped generator folder and link it to your npm
- init the new test project with the new generator (here yo csui-21.1-standard). Then wait and check, if there are any issues. You can ignore minor issues, as long as the folder is initialized.
- install the demo widget from the generator by typing yo <your-generatorname>:widget. Do not try to install the demo widget from different sources, you want to test if the generator runs.
- run grunt from the commandline for the new project
- Should not indicate any issues.
- in the out-module folder should be the module to install in the Content Server
- in the out-release folder should be at least a json file and a bundles folder with content.
But if you get a result like this:
then the generator is broken und the whole SDK wont work. You can try to grunt –force, but the results will be not defined. In this case, you should wait for a working version of the SDK.
If the thing is working, you should be able to install the module and see the hello widget in the perspective manager.